Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gifts from Oregon


Look at this beautiful personalized Critter Farm birthday card! Just wow!

About a week after my birthday, I received a package in the mail postmarked Oregon. It was from my blog friend Danni, Farmgirl dk of Critter Farm. She had mentioned via email that she would be sending me a little something in honor of my birthday. So I kept a watchful eye on my mailbox.

It arrived at exactly the right time. I was having a bad day, feeling tired and not having much of anything go well. Then this package arrived from Danni. It perked me right up. A friend reaching across the miles to wish me happiness. So wonderful to have friends like this.

So I opened the box to find this dried flower lying atop the packing paper:


Not sure what kind of flower it is, but I was pleased to have a bit of Oregon's nature sent to me. I am saving the seed head and will plant the seeds to grow Oregon flowers of my own. How cool.

Underneath the packing paper I found two colorfully wrapped gifts:

Such cute wrapping paper. I especially like the one with the farm animals


I loved the wrapping paper. I saved the one with the farm animals on it and have shown it to everyone who has come into my home since I received the gifts. It's so Critter Farm. Such attention to the details makes the gifts even more special.

So what was inside the pretty papers? Totally cool gifts, that's what!

Totally cool gifts!

A custom made card, soft & chewy gummi bears and a great book that Danni tells me is one of her favorites. The title is "Peace at Heart" by Barbara Drake. The author has a farm in Oregon and she wrote about her experiences there. I haven't read very much of it yet, as I seldom sit down long enough to read these days, but what I've read so far has really pulled me in. Once I start reading a chapter, I can't seem to put it down till I finish it.

These gifts were perfect. And they arrived with perfect timing. A hand of friendship reaching out to me across the miles making a positive difference in my life. Thank you for your gifts Danni. You made my day so much brighter.

The book will continue to brighten my days. The gummis, well, they were half gone mere minutes after I received them. They are no more. Poor little gummis. All gone now.


Yummi Gummis! So soft & chewy.

I am thankful that I have such good friends.


© Copyright 2010 Mountain Harvest Basket

6 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a sweet thing Danni did for your big five-oh birthday. Isn't it amazing the neat friends we can make through cyberspace!

Farmer Jen said...

Hi CA Grammy,
Yes, I do think it's so amazing to have these connections through the internet. I marvel at how much communications have changed in recent years.

Danni said...

Aw - so glad you enjoyed your present from me. (I really did try to have it there ON your actual birthday, but jeez, it just wasn't in the cards - this year anyway - lol)
You will love this book - like I mentioned to you, her writing speaks to me and touches my heart, why, I love just looking at the picture of it you posted on your blog! :-)
I am glad that the (late) arrival of my small gifts still arrived at an opportune time.
((hug))

Hardware Bob said...

Farmgirl and Farmer Jen, you two are amazingly similar, two peas in a pod.

I read the words, I see the exchanges, it's so amazing to be touched by another soul so far away that you have never met before.

You make Farmer Jen happy Danni, and I like seeing her beautiful smile. Your timing is often perfect, good job.

And, great story Farmer Jen, thanks for sharing your friendship connection with me.

But, not one gummi bear did I get. I like the green ones.

Farmer Jen said...

Hi Danni,
Yes, I loved that you sent me something! Getting good mail is wonderful and makes my day. Your timing really was perfect. What kind of flower was that in the gift box? It was from the composite (daisy) family, with orange petals.

Hi Bob,
I am not sure I've ever been called a pea before...

Yes, our friendship is good and nurturing to my spirit.

No gummi bears for you. Sorry. I ate all the green ones. And all the other colors too. Ha! My gummis. All mine! Bwahaahaaaha!

Jen's Farmily said...

I love when you get little surprises that turn your day around!!