Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Too Busy to Post Anything


Close Up of my Christmas Tree

As you may have noticed, I have been way too busy and preoccupied with other happenings in my life for the past several weeks to keep up with posting photos and stories in my blogs. I miss writing to you, and I miss the interaction with my readers.

Life has been moving so fast for me lately, that I have been struggling to keep up with it in "real time" and have not had the time or energy to process it, reflect on it or write about it.

So I just wanted to check in to let you all know that I am still alive and still here. I will do a "catch up" post soon and then hopefully get back to more frequent and "newsy" blogging.

As you can see from the photo above, I did manage to get and decorate my Christmas tree, so there has been some joy and some holiday spirit around here in between all of the chaos.

For now, I wish you all a very Happy Winter Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Happy Hannakah, Kwanzaa and/or whatever winter holidays you celebrate!

I leave you with this photo of hot cocoa adorned with a homemade (I bought it at our Xmas Bazaar) marshmallow to keep you warm and cozy on these cold winter nights.

Love to you all,
Farmer Jen


Hot Cocoa with Red Sugared Homemade Marshmallow



© Copyright 2009 Mountain Harvest Basket

11 comments:

Danni said...

Hi Jen!!!! Nice to see a sign of blog life from you!
I hope you enjoy a peaceful and relaxing holiday and that the new year brings us an opportunity to meet. :-)

Farmer Jen said...

Hi Danni,
Yes, I wish for all those same things. Merry Christmas to you and your family (people & critters).

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Merry Christmas, Jen. I hope the busy-ness in your life will calm down so that you can enjoy a peaceful holiday season. There will soon be a story to tell, I'm sure.

Hardware Bob said...

A wonderful message and a yummy looking hot chocolate, very cool red ornament looking marshmallow.

All my best, love, and affection to you too, and happy holidays to your loyal readers.

A new year is approaching, may it be calming and rewarding for all of us.

Farmer Jen said...

Hi Janice (CA Grammy),
Merry Christmas to you too! And yes, there is always a story to tell!

Hi Bob,
Actually, although good, I would have preferred the marshmallow to not have the red sprinkles on it. Plain sugar would have been more my taste.

Thank you for your love, good wishes and your faithful blog commenting. All of that means so much to me all year through.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and all the best in 2010.
Roula from Greece :))

frugalmom said...

Happy holidays, Jen! I hope you get some time to relax and let others take care of you for a bit.
Drinking hot cocoa is always a nice thing to do, huh? Especially with marshmallows. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wish a New Year filled with peace, prosperity and happiness.:))
Roula from Greece

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That marshmallow makes the cocoa look so festive! What a fun purchase.
Nice to see you post again. I've enjoyed your comments and visits to my blog so much. And I love your new header, too. Have you been getting lots of snow?


Happy New Year, my friend. I'm wishing for you much peace, joy, love, happiness, good health, and loads of laughter in 2010!


~Lisa

Farmer Jen said...

Hi Marcee,
My holidays were good. Not necessarily relaxing, but still good. I need to make some more homemade cocoa mix. The store-bought mixes are usually too sweet for me.

Hi Roula,
Happy New Year to you! I do hope we all have peace, prosperity and happiness in 2010.

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your friendship and good wishes! We had about 5 inches of snow in early December (when my blog header photo was taken)and then a few flurries after that. We will get more snow before winter is over. I think your area has already received more snowfall than we usually get all winter though.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Thanks for visiting and wishing my twin sons a Happy Birthday. That was very sweet of you :)

I hope you are doing well.

It's been snowing her all day....on top of the foot of snow still on the ground. It's supposed to snow off and on all week. We're getting our monsoons in the form of snow this year. bah!


~Lisa