Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just Peachy


Adult Smoothie!


Hot, humid, sunny weather combined with some beautiful, ripe, juicy organic peaches and nectarines:



Mixed with some creativity and a little rum, amaretto and local honey:



Add a couple of handfuls of ice cubes. Then poured into my favorite crystal goblet:


Made a refreshing "adult smoothie", also known as a Peach Nectarine Daquiri.

Hit the spot yesterday evening after working in my garden for a few hours. The fresh fruit really made the drink special.

Happy Summer Solstice today! Longest day of the year. Enjoy the sunshine if you have it where you are.






© Copyright 2011 Mountain Harvest Basket

7 comments:

Hardware Bob said...

Sounds refreshing. Adult fruit is my very favorite fruit.

Danni said...

Is today the solstice? Wow, so it is. It's nice and hot outside today and this fits my idea of the longest day of the year. And I'll try not to think about the fact that, after today, the days start getting shorter again (eeeek!).
I may just need to make myself a special adult beverage to celebrate today. :-)
(HW Bob's comment made me laugh)
xoxo

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Sunshine . . . if you have it? We definitely HAVE it. I'm inside where the temperature is 83.7 and the outside temperature is 101 . . . yes, we definitely have it. Since we're normally in Oregon this time of year, this is gonna take some gettin' used to! But hey! We have tomatoes and zucchini and basil growing along with other squash and peppers . . . Life is Good!

Barbee' said...

Where in the world do you find organic peaches! I didn't know it was possible to grow good ones organically. What a yummy post!

Farmer Jen said...

Hi Bob,
It was refreshing. You got a taste of one the other day, but that one didn't have the fresh peaches in it.

Hi Danni,
Yeah, summer snuck up on me all of a sudden! We are going to the movies to celebrate tonight.

Hi Janice,
Yes, it's hot here too! I only yesterday planted my tomato and basil seedlings. Got a very late start this year.

Hi Barbee,
We have a local organic farm store right here, but I got those peaches at the Organic Fruit Jubilee held in Clovis, CA (about 1 hr from my home) last Saturday. Here's a link (copy & paste it in your browser)to the event. Scroll down and You can check out the local organic fruit farmers.
http://www.fruitjubilee.org/

Anonymous said...

Harry summer Jan :))
From Greece :)))

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds yummy!
Sadly no peaches or apples are growing on any of my fruit trees this year. The drought, high winds, and late hard freeze killed all the buds.

~Lisa