Monday, July 5, 2010

Midsummer Harvest


Small Harvest



French Breakfast Radishes, Radish Greens, Snow Peas & Baby Romaine Lettuce. That's all I could harvest today from my midsummer garden. Everything is growing so slowly this year. Except for the weeds! I seem to be able to grow huge, luxurious weeds very well indeed.

Arrgggh!

I just haven't had the time this year to get out there and pull out the weeds when they are small and easier to remove. I know better than to let them grow big, but have not had the time to address them. I will. I really will.

So except for the berries and cherries (I will write about those in another post) and the artichokes which I posted about toward the end of "Spring" last May, I really have not had a very productive garden yet this year. Got started late and things are growing slowly. I haven't even planted some of my summer crops yet! There is still time, but I do worry that summer will be over before I can gather my usual abundant veggie harvest.

I love my garden. I love growing and eating fresh vegetables and fruits. I just need to make more time for it in my life.

I need to be at one with my garden.
Zen gardening.
Yes.






© Copyright 2010 Mountain Harvest Basket

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

We waited so long for summer to come and now it's getting away from us. I hope you can conquer your mighty weeds and enjoy your garden to the fullest. What, no zucchini?

Hardware Bob said...

Your weed to edible veggies ratio will soon improve.

Captain Weed Exterminator at your service Ma'am. I am available when called upon. ♥♥♥